Make Your Yard an Oasis – Landscaping Ideas!Posted by Tennyson Anseth
The outdoors to a true Minnesotan is like peanut butter to jelly. The warmer seasons are a great opportunity to clean up our yards and show off our landscaping creativity. Read on for some ideas and tips to get your creativity ignited.
- Add a splash of color. Instead of all your plants being green, add some brightly colored flowers. Perhaps have a monochromatic mix of a variety of purple flowers. Or use any colors in the spectrum.
- Match your flowers to your house. Is your house blue? Match it with blue flowers. Do you have orange or red shutters? Accent them with similarly colored flowers.
- Use unique planters. Place a plant in a birdbath. Go thrift shopping and find a fun old wheelbarrow or something similar to use as a nontraditional planter.
- Put lights in your edging. Incorporating rope lighting in your concrete garden or home edging will cast an attractive glow on your house at night.
- Upgrade your driveway. For a unique drive way, use stone pavers instead of traditional concrete.
- Incorporate water. A unique fountain can be a fun way to spice up your garden and landscaping. Home improvement and landscaping stores are sure to have a variety of choices. You could even make your own wine bottle fountain, as seen on our Sister Builder’s Facebook page.
- Use stone. There are a plethora of types of stone and ways to style it. Sunset magazine has a slideshow with great ideas.
- Create entertainment space. Use your backyard landscaping as a way to bring your family and friends together. Build a barbeque pit for roasting marshmallows. Add a hammock and comfortable seating. Hang outdoor lanterns from trees.
There are many other resources you can use to get started with your outdoor project. Ask a sales representative at the nursery or pick up a landscaping magazine. You’ll have a summertime haven in no time. OR …if you’re building with us, we also offer landscape packages. Inquire today!