Article provided by: APC Roofing Services
If you have a house renovation project going on, you might want a face-lift for your roofing, especially if it’s old or damaged. At APC Roofing Experts, we have successfully completed Rockville roofing for residents who need new roofs installed or want a re-roofing done. We have experience working with numerous types of roofing materials, which enables us to fulfill the exact needs of our clients.
Types of Roofing Materials
Some of the materials used to make roofs include:
- Asphalt Shingles – Asphalt shingles are the most widely used roofing materials in the United States thanks to their affordability and ease of installation. They last for an average of 20 years and are available in a number of ratings related to fire and wind resistance. Homeowners also get to choose from a variety of colors when using this material.
- Clay – Clay roofs are heavy and can withstand extreme weather such as strong winds, tornadoes, and hurricanes. They’re one of the most durable materials used in roofing and can last for up to 100 years.
- Metal – Available in panels and shingles, metal roofing is suitable for areas with heavy rains and snowfall. The materials commonly used to make metal roofs include stainless steel, copper, zinc, and aluminum. The type and quality of material used determine the roof’s durability, with the average lifespan being 60 years.
What Factors Should You Consider When Selecting A Roof?
When choosing a roof for your house, you should consider the following factors:
- Durability – The type of roof will determine how soon you’ll need to replace it. Cheaper roofs tend to last for a shorter period compared to expensive ones like concrete or slate. The best thing to do is get the most durable roofing you can afford, as it comes with the guarantee of fewer repairs, and it will take quite a considerable amount of time before you think of getting a replacement.
- Weather Conditions – The weather conditions in your area of residence are an important factor to consider. For instance, if the area is prone to wildfires, it’s best to go for roofing materials with a high fire-resistance rating.
What Does Roof Maintenance Involve?
You can take care of your new roof through the following maintenance routines:
- Inspections – Regular inspections by professional roofers can help identify issues before they become full-blown, costing you hundreds or thousands of dollars in repairs or replacement. It’s advisable to have a roof inspection once every 2 or 3 years.
- Getting Rid of Overhanging Branches – Cut off any branches that are near or hanging over your house. Leaves that fall on the roof can promote retention of moisture and cause decay and rotting that deteriorates the roofing material. In the worst-case scenario, heavy winds can cause the branches to break and fall on your roof, resulting in severe damage.
Get the Roof You Want
At APC Roofing Experts, we have a team of skilled professionals who can install the type of roofing you want on your property. If you need your Rockville roofing project done by experts, we can help. Give us a call today on +1 301 357 8275 for a free estimate.Rockville Roofing
View Larger Map