What makes a house a home depends on the person or family and their interior design preferences. However, there are certain things that every home should have for a comfortable, humble abode.
- Personality. Your home is a reflection of you, so let your space tell a mini-story about whom you are and what you like. This could be communicated through color, texture, furniture, accessories, or even kid’s artwork.
- Natural light. Sunlight streaming through the windows is a great way to make your room warm and inviting with no work at all.
- A focal point. This may be a great piece of art or a fireplace. Whatever it is, make this focal point a statement in your décor.
- Storage. Keep clutter at bay by making sure everything has a proper place. Running out of room? It may be time for a cleaning to get rid of unnecessary items. It will feel great once it is finished!
- A place for family time. Maybe your family gathers in the kitchen or dining room for meals together. Maybe it’s a family room. Wherever you choose to spend quality time, make it a comfortable, functional place for everybody.
- A comfy chair. Or couch. Either way, you need a place to put up your feet and relax.
What do you think no home should go without?