Is building a new home one of your New Year’s resolutions? Or perhaps you plan on renovating your existing home? As we continue our way into 2016, watch for some newly trending features to add to your home! Here are a few design concepts we expect to become more popular in 2016:
- Soft, muted color palettes – Farewell to bold accent walls and colors and hello to soft, muted color palettes! This year we will see a lot of grays and neutral pastels like blue, green, and tinted whites. Perhaps we will also see some lighter wood tones like whitewashed woods, white oak and walnuts.
- Integrated kitchen-living spaces – For years, open concept floor plans have been in high demand. This year will be no different! The layout and design of integrated kitchens and living spaces allow families to all be together instead of blocked off by wall barriers.
- Mixed Metals – Platinum, Gold, Copper, Steel…as long as they have a metallic sheen, they go together in our book! Instead of sticking to one finish in your home, mix it up by adding touches of other metals. From hardware, to accent décor, mixed metals are a great way to spice up your interior.
- Sleek Appliances – Stainless steel appliances are the norm in new home construction these days. Why not step out of the box and get a sleek look with black stainless steel or hidden appliances! Depending on the overall look you are going for, either one can be a great unique touch to your kitchen.
- Unique Tiles – Decorative backsplashes have been a must-have in kitchen for many years. We expect to see more unique backsplashes with different materials and intricate details and patterns become more popular as 2016 continues. We may even see some custom reclaimed wood backsplashes!
- Fireplaces – Putting your fireplace center stage in your living room and building a custom built-in on the side for your TV and electronics will help promote family time and not technology time. With all of the phones, tablets, and gadgets in today’s world, it can be nice to take the focus away from technology and have the fireplace be the focal point of the space!
There are so many unique features that homeowners can add to their home. The six ideas listed above are just a few that we see becoming more popular as prospects and customers tell us what they are looking for in their custom homes. To start your new home design-build experience, contact us TODAY! firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-322-8700