If you live in the Twin Cities and feel giddy right now with fresh snow, seasonal treats, and festive activities happening, then it’s time to dash out of the house! According to Exploreminnesota.com, here’s a list you’ll want to check twice of eight outdoor-spirited event ideas near you:
- Winter Lights Celebration at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Enjoy sparkling light displays featuring flowers, nature and winter fun on an accessible and stroller-friendly walk that spans over a half-mile.
- The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train will be rolling Dec 11-16 with a colorful stop in the Twin Cities with Santa.
- Holidazzle is back in downtown Minneapolis through Dec. 18th with new experiences including a Ferris wheel, carousel and giant slide.
- European Christmas Markets. Stroll through a European-style Holiday market with unique gifts and decorations at St. Paul’s Union Depot through Dec. 18.
- Christkindelsmarket in Excelsior. Walk through downtown Excelsior and feel like you’re in a Hallmark movie. Enjoy treats, reindeer, music and more.
- Pop -up Holiday Bars. Oh what fun to eat, drink and be merry when the following pop-up bars transform their spaces to make your spirits bright. Check out Psycho Suzi’s in northeast Minneapolis, The Old Log Theater in Excelsior or Miracle at Lawless Distilling in Minneapolis.
- You-Pick Christmas Tree Farms. Channel your inner Clark Griswold and visit any variety of pine-scented tree farms with sleigh rides, cocoa and campfires. From Lake Elmo and Waconia to St. Croix, be sure to find your favorite farm for the perfect family picture.
- Holiday Shows. Sit back and enjoy these family favorites like A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie, It’s A wonderful Life: A live Radio Play at the St. Paul Hotel, or How the Grinch Stole Christmas at the Children’s Theatre Company.
So much fun to Fa, la, la about – all outdoors in the Twin Cities December 2022. Grab your friends and family and enjoy the festivities!